Continuing to make my way through Friends, one episode at a time. Please enjoy as I share my thoughts on the fifth episode.
1.05 The One With the East German Laundry Detergent
– Wow, another opening in the coffee shop. Now we’re discussing the cool things people can do because of their gender? Being able to take a bra off through your sleeve is not a huge accomplishment. Being able to pee standing up would be a pretty sweet bonus though.
– Chandler plans on breaking up with his girlfriend via a note in a restaurant? Genius.
– How long has Chandler been dating Janice and how long has Phoebe been dating Tony? Inquiring minds want to know.
– I don’t think my father has ever called me “young lady”. I think it would be kind of funny.
– Angela does not look appealing. Being broken up with by Joey seems to have made her look trashy. And what do you know? She is trashy. We all wear dresses that accent our boobs. We don’t TELL people that’s what we’re doing.
– Why does Ross only wear hideous clothes? And why is he making a date to do laundry? Ross is the worst.
– Let me get this straight. Joey told Angela that he wants to double date with her and her boyfriend Bob. Angela thinks Monica is Joey’s date. Monica thinks she is Bob’s date and Angela is Joey’s date. This sound like a recipe for disaster and hilarity.
– Doing laundry together is not a date. It is most certainly not a date if Rachel doesn’t know it is a date.
– Do people really use fabric softener? I don’t think I’ve ever used it in my life.
– Chandler continues to be my favorite character. His sarcasm and Phoebe’s naivete are a perfect match for comedy.
– I would break up with Janice too. She is the pits. Her voice sucks. Her hair sucks. Her laugh sucks. I do like the socks.
– This woman wins the award for the craziest fucking outfit I have ever seen:
– You don’t need an entirely separate load for delicates. Who has enough underpants to make an entire load?
– If Joey is trying to make Monica think she is on a date with Bob (who is really Angela’s date), wouldn’t he keep Monica and Angela separate?
– Rachel cannot be dumb enough to think the laundry song is something that exists. I wash reds with whites all the time. I’ve never dyed my clothes. Bonus points for weird hat lady’s laughter.
– Monica wore a jacket with shoulder pads on a date? This might be the worst outfit yet.
– Why would Joey want to date a girl that makes weird sucking sounds while she eats chicken wings? Ewwww.
– I act very similar to Chandler sometime, re: playing drums on the table. I get random bursts of crazy energy and start doing crazy physical things. Like running around the house in circles.
– Why is ugly hat lady so aggressive? Aren’t there additional carts in the laundromat?
– Why is Ross acting so bizarre after Rachel kissed him? He’s an adult and he likes her. Just kiss her back you idiot.
– The ugly hat lady is credited as Horrible Woman. That’s awesome.